Pages

Good Old Days!

Thursday, May 19, 2011

ads


So much lately, I find myself thinking of the "good old days".  I think it's because there's just too much going on around us, people are in such a hurry and it seems like not enough people have the time just to smile or wave to someone anymore.

I remember shortly after my father passed, the family was sitting around and I mentioned how funny my dad was when he took us to the shore each year.  He'd walk across the hot sand, picking his feet up high with each step and going ouch, ow, ouch, ow, which made us laugh.  My sister looked at me and said "How I hated the shore".  Me, too, I said!  My mother looked at us and said "You did?  He only took you there because he thought you loved it, he hated it too".  Those were the good old days!  I remember vividly the hotels we stayed in, those wonderful old smelly places that are long gone.
I thought I'd look up what I could find on old hotels/motels.  Pull up a chair and put up your feet while we take a look back!
This web site is awesome, not just for the Caribbean Motel in New Jersey, but for other posts, too.  Fab Vintage Vacation! Caribbean Motel, Wildwood NJ « RetroRoadmap.com
A few years back, I was at an auction and while waiting for it to start, a bunch of us sitting around started talking.  One man mentioned he wanted to buy a town.  A Town??  He went on to say, the whole entire town would be like the old times.  He'd have a 5 & 10 cent store, a wonderful diner, drive-in movie theater and a hotel.  The hotel would have no air conditioning, no TV sets, no phones, everything would move slow and everyone would know everyone else.  Sure wonder where that man is now!
Do you have any stories you want to share?

Have a great day!
RWS
ads
 

Most Reading