Pages

Trash to Treasure Accent Chairs

Thursday, February 24, 2011

ads



Every time I see an old chair with good bones, I instantly turn into Smeagol from Lord Of The Rings totally obsessed with "the precious".   Its true.  I know it sounds crazy but no matter how beaten up the chair is, in my head I see it all decked out in fine fabric and looking fabulous.  Like the reupholstered chair above for instance. I love this chair.  How do I love thee? Let me count the ways.....



Think about it.  You can take an old battered chair with little or no value and give it a whole new life.   Am getting drunk with power just thinking about it.  There are no limits to what one can do with a little fabric and paint. Just take a look at these make overs and you will see what I mean. Enjoy and be inspired!




Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader Melissa


Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader Teresa


Chair Makeover by Jessica Jones 




Image above: chair makeover by Design Sponge reader jennifer

I found this chart online and its so useful I just had to share.  It shows different types of chairs and the amount of fabric it would take to cover each piece.   

For a tutorial on doing your own chair makeover visit curbly





ads
 

Most Reading