Pages

Steampunk

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

ads

designsbloom

I always had an idea of what steampunk was….well, sort of.
I knew I liked some of the altered pieces I have seen. I love how they use watch parts and little gears and things, but I never really knew the whole story behind it.
The following website explains it much better than I ever could;
This is what it says in the dictionary;
Main Entry:   steampunk
Part of Speech: noun
Definition:
a genre of science fiction set in Victorian times when steam was the main source of machine power; also written steam-punk

Here I found several different items created in the steampunk style.
These two are made from recycled Altoid tins.
SunnySkyeCreations
jackandcatcurio

These are done with old book pages;
lunaclaydesign
BlackBaroque

Of course there are some really cool pieces of jewelry;
TerrisTreasures
CosmicFirefly

This is just fun, I think everyone needs a little UFO.
WytcheHazel

(jj)
ads
 

Most Reading