Pages

Chicken & Rice Bake

Friday, February 25, 2011

ads

When I was a little girl I remember my Mee-Mee (grandmother) making a chicken & rice dish that was super creamy and flavorful. At the time I was not a fan of rice but in this dish it was tolerable.
Now fast forward some 20 years later...I'm all grown up and actually like rice.
So, the other day I was hoping to make something that resembled hers and to see if my kids would like it.
I checked the Campbell's recipe site but none of the recipes seemed like the "right" one.
I gave up looking and finally just threw a few things together and this is what I got.
Creamy Chicken & Rice Bake

10 3/4 oz. can cream of onion soup
10 3/4 oz. can cream of chicken soup
2 cups chicken broth (or water)
2 cups white rice
2 pinches of saffron (optional)
1/4 tsp. paprika
salt and pepper to taste
2 - 21/2 lbs. chicken tenderloins or breasts

Place chicken in a greased 13X9 pan.
Combine rest of ingredients in a bowl and then pour over top of the chicken.
Lightly sprinkle a little more paprika, salt and pepper  on the top of the dish.
Cover with foil and bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until chicken is done.

My recipe got a thumbs up from my kids but I still think my Mee-Mee's was way better. 
So, I'm gonna keep on searching and asking around to see if anyone knows what all she put in hers.

Yeah for the weekend!
It's been a really long week and I am so looking forward to catching up on some extra zzzzz's tonight and being able to sleep in tomorrow morning.
No big plans for the weekend, just the usual but that's A OK with me. Maybe I'll get some more of my blocks finished and begin on some new ones.

 Hope you enjoy your weekend!

ads
 

Most Reading