Pages

BUTCHY UPDATE AND BIRTHDAY CAKE

Thursday, February 24, 2011

ads

Hey Pals,

It's Katie here today.  Some of you have already seen my special birthday cakes that Mama made for us, but some of you have not.  Here is the RAW hamburger fox terriers before baking:


Here is the finished product with cheese added, hehehehe!


Papa had to hold me back on my leash so that Mama could get a picture of me with my cake before I devoured it.  I couldn't wait to dig into the cheezzzzzzzzburger.


Here I am sneaking a lick of the ear:


Yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

Since I am one year old now, Mama had to take some more photos of me.  I'm still sort of camera shy.  I usually hold my head down or look the other way or even close my eyes.  Mama says I'm not a photo model like Angel Snickers yet.  Maybe one day...............

I'm just the pawfect size for my breed.  I'm 14 1/2" high at the withers and 12" in length from withers to base of tail.  I weigh about 14 some pounds right now.  Mama says my chest will still fill out a bit, so I'll probably weigh between 15-16 lbs. in the next 6 months.  My doggie Mama Lily weighs about 16 lbs.






Here is my brudder Butchy:


Butchy started on the Epilepsy medication Phenobarbital on February 9th.  He is still having seizures.  He did go 3 nights without one seizure, but now he had 3 nights in a row with a seizure each night.

Luckily last night, he did not have a seizure that we know of.  Since he has been on the drug for 2 weeks now, it should be built up in his blood enough to start doing it's job of preventing seizures.  We will be tracking if he has a decrease in the number of seizures now and the severity of the seizures for the next few weeks.

If there is not much improvement, the dosage of Phenobarbital will be raised to the next level.  Butchy's weight was in between for the dosages, so he was started on the lower end which is common practice.  He weighs about 20 lbs.  If the dosage is raised, then we wait again to see if there is an improvement. 

Mama really hates this waiting stuff.  She went through all of this with Angel Snickers and it's not fun at all.  We're working on putting together a seizure tracking chart that we will post here on the blog for others to use if they wish.  Keeping a chart can be very useful to you and your vet.

We will be adding several more links in our sidebar to sites that have information about Epilepsy.  We hope this information will help someone, somewhere in the world.  Fighting back the Seizure Monster is not fun at all and it's a long hard battle sometimes.  Butchy's battle has just begun!

Wirey Hugs, Purrz & Licks,
Butchy, Katie, Ruby, Sylvester, Scuby, Hootie & Zeek ads
 

Most Reading