Pages

Blank Blog/Canvas vs New Blog/Painting

Friday, February 25, 2011

ads


How to start a blog is just as puzzling as how to start a new painting. If it's a blank blog, it's not a blog. If it's a blank canvas, it's not a painting. With this analogy I've decided that starting this blog just has to have a similar process as starting a painting. Here's what you need:

1. Inspiration - inspiration for paintings strikes in so many different ways, something you see, something you hear, a dream... in this case, inspiration came from an email (from Kirk Witmer with WCAG tellng us we could have a blog)

2. Some idea of what you want the final product to be - hmm.... will it be floral, landscape, still life, abstract?.... I think I want my blog to be informative. I want it to tell about me as a person and an artist. Since I also teach painting, I want my blog to be instructional too.

3. You have to actually start the painting or blog. For me, it's like a big blank canvas. It will remain blank until I put paint, or words, on it.


So, this is the beginning of my blog. Will it be a daily blog? NO I've decided to post only when I have something to say or show. So today, I'm showing you the beginning of my next painting. Yep, it's a big blank canvas. .... more to come!
Connie Hartsfield



ads
 

Most Reading